Wednesday, January 1, 2014

{January} Currently

Linking up with Oh Boy 3rd Grade! for the January Currently!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my goodness I haven't posted in SIX MONTHS!! The good news is I finished my masters and will be graduating with a degree in Elementary School Counseling with a 4.0. I worked hard - it was hard - and now I am DONE!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listening: My two year old son received several Leap Frog Toys for Christmas. He already knows all of his letters and several letter sounds. Yes, part of it is because he is a teacher's child. Part of it is because he goes to an AMAZING preschool academy. But I also attribute much of it to the types of toys we buy him/let him have.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loving: Feeling our daughter kick and turn. I am 27 weeks pregnant with a little lady. This is my favorite part of pregnancy because she is so active, but I am not too uncomfortable yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
{thinking}
I already have oodles of fun activities planned for my third grade sweets when we return from break on Tuesday. No worries, I plan to share!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
{wanting}
More time off with my family! It is hard to spend so much time, especially with lil man, and have to face the real world and go back. Yes, I miss my kiddos, but I also love time with my family.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
{needing}
Although I love being home, I also need a routine. The house is a disaster zone, and I am pretty sure I am gaining weight that has NOTHING to do with his baby! I need some schedule goodness in my life!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{tradition}
Every winter break I take a bubble bath every day. Yes, every day. It is so relaxing. I usually do this when lil man is napping. I take my phone and Pinterest it up! I love this 'me' time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that I am finished with my masters program, I will certainly be on here much, much more. I haven't actually made anything in quite awhile for the classroom, but I will still share the goodness I find through others' blogs (linking up of course!) and Pinterest. I am SO happy to be back!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your masters! That's such an exciting accomplishment! Also, congrats on your pregnancy! You have had some big things going on in 2013.

    Love the idea of daily bubble baths.

    Happy New Year!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting time in your life! Congratulations on getting your masters and on the baby! I love your tradition of bubble baths. That's fun. Everyday of Christmas break, except for Christmas day of course, I get my coffee and go back to bed with my iPad for awhile. It feels like I'm getting away with something!
    Lisa
    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like congratulations are in order...Master's and lil one! I am one who needs a routine, too! I love to be at home, but I tend to let time get away from me with nothing accomplished if I am not on schedule. I hope your 2014 is everything you wish it to be!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah. I found you on the January currently link-up. I had to check out your blog because of the title - love it! Congratulations on your master's - that is so much work, especially with a fulltime job and kids at home, too! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! I found your blog through Farley's blog and also was hooked by your blog title! I just entered the blog world and am always looking for fellow 3rd grade teachers. Congrats on your Master's!

    Kate :)
    Visit McDee's Busy Bees Blog

    ReplyDelete